Friday, August 10, 2007

"Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah" Poem, Rewritten

Hello mud-dah, hello fad-dah
Here I am at Mumbai, In-diah
India’s very overwhelming
But they say we may have sun if it stops raining.

I went walking through the street
Beyond repair, are my feet
You remember, it's like Karama
But, it's ten times worse, I miss Dad and Mama

All the smells are naus-e-ating
And the crowds are suff-o-cating
The stray cattle, they block me mooing
And for the dogs it’s fruitless shooing

I am, in head nod training
Did I mention, it was raining?
Water her-re, water there
In fact water’s filling every-whe-re

Mandali Hostel is close to school
But one may go insane with crazy rule-s
You would think with all this water
I would find a, nice hot shower.

My room is humid, my bed is hard
Oh won’t you please, send me a card
My windows won’t shut, the crows are loud
If you saw my shower then knew I took one, you’d be proud

Just remember, the water don’t drink
My patience for this, is filled to the brink
At least today, we got the web
Hopefully with it, homesickness will e-bb

And the taxis are very frightening
They drive faster than even lightening
Three lane highway but six lanes traffic
If a car should hit us, that’d be tragic

Oh wait that happened just this morning
To our driver it served as good warning
Driving closely, driving crazy
Move out of way? No, people are lazy

Roads are flooded and all drivers men
To think they say the crazy are the women
Blinkers optional, side mirrors gone
I think I’ll close my eyes so I get brawn

I am hungry, I am tired
I just hope in a year I get hired
It just has to—It’ll get better
I’ll just have to get a little wetter

St-ill learning, still exploring
If only it’d stop pouring
But don’t you worry, it’s not so bad
To leave here, I could be sad

How many more days do I stay here
I’m not sure I, have much cheer
Peace and quiet will be a treasure
And some good food for my stomach just a pleasure

I send my love, I send my heart
This from home I can tell apart
Please don’t leave me and don’t forget me
In the meanwhile, I will muster up some glee

Just be patient, just keep waiting
Soon you’ll hear of tales that are scintillating

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea Indian Elelphant