Saturday, July 19, 2008

There's more to Tokyo than humidity and walking...

This week was a relatively low key week (until Thursday night). I began work on a group project that includes comparing and contrasting two shopping areas: Roppongi Hills and Tokyo Midtown. I went with my group to visit on Tuesday (a guy from Poland, a guy from India, a guy from Romania, and me... can't get much more diversified than that!). After we walked through both centers and took some notes, we went on with our free day. Paul and I traveled to Shinjuku to book travel for the weekend at an english speaking travel center. On the way back, we walked through Shinjuku and ate at this nice little pasta house.

The rest of the week filled out with the start of our second 3-credit class (the first consists of attending guest lectures/cultural events/corporate visits) called Doing Business Globally. It's a combination of ethics, law, and globalization. It's taught by a visiting professor from China. Unfortunately it's extremely China-centric, so I am not sure how applicable the material will be in my life. Also, the Chinese style of teaching tends to be straight lecture, no structure for classroom discussion. This makes the 6-hours of lecture time a day go by very slowly to the say the least!

That catches you up to date up to my looooong weekend!

No comments: