Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mt. Fuji: Ready or not... here I come!

This evening, at about 5 pm I am leaving the hostel and heading to Shinjuku Station to catch a bus to the 5th Station of the Kawagachi Trail to start my climb on Mt. Fuji!!

I have packed oxygen bottles, lots of clothing (I don't have warm clothing with me, so I bought some long-johns to wear under capris and I am going with the "layered" look), two bottles of water, protein bars, a headlamp, and a hat. I'll have to buy gloves at the first base when I arrive.

The climb should take from 8-9 hours. We will probably get to the mountain at about 8:15 pm, so we'll try to start right away. We want to catch sunrise, which is around 5 am. Then we turn around and climb back down (on a slightly different trail) which should take about 4 hours.

This will put me back at the hostel around 2:30 pm the next day. Talk about a LONG day! Unfortunately I won't be able to go to sleep though, because I'll have to clean up and do laundry so I can finish packing and then head to our final IMBA Dinner at 6:30. Then it's to bed for a short while before waking up early Saturday morning to catch a shuttle to the airport.

I think I can say I'll sleep realllllly well on the plane. An exhausting and whirlwind of my last 48-hours in Tokyo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have done it all! Way to go. Time to come home now.
Love Mama