Monday, October 29, 2007

Proceed with Patience

My day Sunday was spent entirely within the confines of the hostel (which in retrospect was a very good thing considering the small scary incident my roommate encountered) and therefore the day went rather slowly. I did, however, enjoy the 5-hour Simpsons Halloween Marathon with Stella. We ordered pizza and enjoyed just laying in the cool ACed room. The gym was closed for maintenance, and I was rather disappointed as my daily workout is usually the highlight of my day and allows me to work out any of my frustrations from the day. I did "cook" some peach crumble (courtesy of freeze dried camp meals) for Stella and I last night, and that was a tasty way to end an otherwise troubling evening.

Today, we had our IT Perspectives class. Yawn. This class is horrendously boring and rather torturous. To add injury to insult, the class ran long by about 40 minutes. 3 hours, 40 minutes of that class is 3 hours, 40 minutes too long. After the IT class, I came back to the hostel for a nap, lately I have been chronically tired before heading to the gym.

I enjoyed my time at the gym, as always, and headed back to the hostel in an effort to make my plans for travels at the end of November (Thanksgiving weekend) to go to Delhi and Agra (to see the Taj). Figuring out the Indian Railway System is beyond frustrating, and most of the information on more touristy sites is horrible out of date. It probably doesn't help that a lot of the sites I visited showed pictures of the trains, which has made me rather hesitant about my extensive train travel on my upcoming trip (including 2 20+ hour long train rides).

I finally managed to figure out a train schedule from Delhi to Agra, but Stella and I would also like to go to Varanasi to the Ganges River and the holiest site to Hindus (where they go to die). It is impossible and beyond frustrating to attempt to arrange travel. Interestingly enough though, I did find one website that almost let me make a reservation. Part of the form to fill out asked if there were any "Special Concessions" needed, a few of the options from the drop down menu included "leprosy," "blind," "cancer patient," "deaf and dumb," and then my favorites "artist" or "circus performance/lower class." I guess we don't require any Special Concessions, as I plan on leaving my batons and unicycle (that's for you Brett) back in Bombay.

Hopefully we can figure out our plans, if not, we will just settle for traveling from Delhi to Agra long enough to see the Taj and then go back to Delhi (since our flight comes in to and leaves from Delhi, we have 3 days of Corporate Visits, so Welingkar is covering the cost of our flight). My frustration is at an all time high this evening, so instead I will "cook" some dinner, eat out of a foil pouch , and call it a night

1 comment:

Brett said...

Awesome, I want to be an Indian circus performer!