Tuesday, October 2, 2007

And the daily grind begins.

Classes began yesterday. We had IT Perspectives from 9-12 and then Strategic Management from 2-6. Talk about a long day. I was incredibly antsy, as I had forgotten all about those forsaken chairs and my attention span capabilities had been severely diminished with my lounging around.

Today I had International Finance from 10-1 (even though it's Gandhi's birthday, and no one else had to go to class), but I just found out I have no class tomorrow, so yay for that! This afternoon we had a guest lecturer from the Maharastha Development Organization who discussed the Mumbai Urban Transportation Project. Interesting concept, don't think it will ever get accomplished, the infrastructure in Mumbai is a mess! They will have to relocate 20,000 households that currently live on train tracks, so that they can add more train lines since they cannot increase the frequency of trains (it is already maxed out at a train every 2 or 3 minutes). But pretty interesting to think about where Mumbai will be in 5 years.

So far there isn't a lot of work for class, so in the meanwhile I've been working on my cover letters/resume and day dreaming about Mom's trip to temporarily rescue me in 10 days!

Not much else is new. It sort of feels like we never stopped going to class. The only change this semester is the classes are a bit more interesting and some of us changed our seats around at a fruitless attempt for some more variety in our life.

I did indulge and download from iTunes the season premiere of CSI and Grey's Anatomy, so I am savoring the thought and milking the anticipation. I will most likely crack down and watch Grey's tonight. Tomorrow night we're having an Ugly Betty Pizza Rajasthan Party to plan out our Diwali plans for the first ten days of November. It will be Rachel, Carey, Stella and I traveling, but we have also invited two french girls to our party. They just got back from a month of traveling India and are taking a semester at Welingkar. They've had a horrible time in the hostel so far, so we feel bad for them and thought a little pizza might do the trick. Rachel wants this to be a costume party as well, an Ugly Betty Costume party, but I doubt we'll get our act together. There have already been discussions of Halloween plans... hmm, weird.

No comments: