Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone...

Well, it's sort of like waking up from a great dream... only to realize you were dreaming. Such is life back here in reality. "Back to life, back to reality."

I slept horribly on Saturday night (despite Mom's mattress topper... the bed still doesn't compare to anything humanly comfortable) and woke up sick on Sunday. Not only home sick, but also physically sick with a sore throat, congestion, and an achey body. Spent all of Sunday in my lovely hostel, attempting to nurse myself back to health and get caught up on some work. Wound up being successful on both counts.

Thanks to Mom, I am know eating three "meals" (I use the term loosely) a day. Makes a world of difference and means I will hopefully not get sick so often now that I should be getting some nutrients.

I had 7 hours of class yesterday, and all 7 hours were extremely boring and I was very antsy. Maybe I do have Restless Leg Syndrom, that commercial back in the States always convinces me I do, but I am honestly always so antsy between my twisted back and my legs, so maybe there is some truth to the matter. After my long frustrating day dealing with the disorganization of our program here, I went to the gym to blow off some steam. I then settled back in the hostel with the hopes of going to bed early, only to find myself losing power for extended periods of time, multiples times in the night. Argh!!! Sitting in a dingy, dark, and hot hostel is not my idea of a good time.

Yes, welcome back to reality Leah.

Luckily the weather here in Mumbai has been overly pleasant the last couple of days. Relatively cool (low 80's) and sunny.

57 more days to go and counting. I can do this. I really have no choice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. I love you.

Brett said...

Chin up, Leah. You'll be home in no time!