Thursday, October 4, 2007

The monsoon is over, what happened to the water?

I have now been water-less in India for two days. We are without running water in the hostel... and talk about an inconvenience. I am SO frustrated with the inability to reach any progress. It seems as though our living conditions are only deteriorating, when they should be improving (or we should be adapting).

I did go to my new gym today, and that was great. The only catch was arriving back to the hostel to turn the shower on and have nothing come out! We then proceeded to lose electricity. Really, I'm not sure I can handle much fun.

We had our HR class today. It started almost an hour late, but luckily still ended on time. The class was really interesting, although with the tension within the group dynamic... it has the potential to be cause for more tension. The professor is really interesting though, and we had a very interactive class with lots of activities for "self awareness." Self-awareness always makes me a little uncomfortable, but I suppose will help me in the end.

However, today my frustration level is at its peak. Our class schedule is continually changed at the last minute, administration never follows through on their promises to delivery material, answers, or resolution to our many problems, and finally, of course, not having reliable water or power. They said the problem with the water is there are too many girls living at the hostel... ummm. Let's think about that for a moment.... WHAT!?

Luckily Mom comes in a week... that week can't come and go quick enough. Then I think I'll freeze time and hold Mom captive in Mumbai.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hang in there stinky