Thursday, December 13, 2007

You're not making this easy on me...

I was enjoying a relaxing evening in front of the TV. My day was as frustrating as anything, and I am quickly losing my patience for the ineffectiveness and inefficiencies of the Indian system. After a few deep breaths... and a hard stint at the gym, I felt a bit better....

That was until I looked down at the floor and realized that our room was flooding... yes... flooding. All of my things were in a thin layer of water... the shower being the culprit... and water marks were rising on our mold-filled walls.

I went down to get the guard's attention who was busy on the telephone. Finally with the assistance of one of the other girls to translate we learned it was a plumbing problem that would be addressed tomorrow (Enchalla... remind you of Dubai?) and the water had been turned off... but what about the swimming pool forming in our room and our muddy footprints from walking through it?

So they called someone to clean... a skinny little cleaning boy from school came over with a small pocket and an even smaller dirty rag... and started soaking up the water, one drenched rag-full at a time... I'm pretty sure he's going to be here all night and still won't get the job nearly done... I think maybe I just won't watch, it'll be better that way. That or we'll turn the AC on full blast and have ourselves a lovely skating pond.

This is ABSURD. I am so beyond pissed I am eerily calm. Luckily I have less than a week left in this room and therefore the new colonies of mold that will form because of this won't further adversely affect my health.

But really now! India give me a break!!! I leave in 145 hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Breathe in. And breathe out. you are almost outta there. hang in there kiddo