Sunday, December 2, 2007

I leave THIS month!

We travel the world to find what we need... and then return home to find it.

I haven't updated in a couple days, but there's good reason... I haven't done anything of note since my latest television appearance! The professors have finally realized they probably need to give us a few assignments so they can give us a justifiable grade so that has been the focus of this week... and I fear the remainder of my time in India. Luckily, the assignments are pretty easy so I still have to put in minimal effort (I promise I'll try harder once my other physiological needs are taken care of).

Actually an interesting thought just popped in my mind, completely different from where I was originally intended to go with this post. We were studying motivation theories in HR, and they always fascinate me. So we started with, of course, Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs but then it evolved to Herzberg's Two Factory Theory of Hygiene versus Motivation Factors... and how you can't even begun to have motivation until hygiene needs are taken care of. Hygiene needs include physiological, security, and social needs (in the broadest sense of these words... as in, you need clothing, a clean work environment, shelter, and some human interaction). So actually, looking back on HR motivation strategies I can see why I've had little to no motivation for school work this semester: my basic needs aren't fulfilled. I'm hungry, tired, uncomfortable, dirty, etc. Well I feel better about my lack of motivation now... and feel sure that once I return home and have my basic needs met, I will once again return to my original state of an ambitious and motivated student.

But anywho. What I've been up to this week? A lot of time in my room, as usual. I downloaded Josh Groban and Michael Buble Christmas music to get myself into the festive season. I also gave in and downloaded 4 Lifetime Holiday movies... yes, go ahead, you can laugh at me. But it's those cheesy movies that my Mom and I love to snuggle up and watch that make the Christmas season special! I've already watched 2... so much for spacing them out to last the rest of the time while I'm here!

Wednesday I had the day off, and played catch up with work... and by playing catch up... I mean sat around, wrote a few postcards (well only two, I'll send more next week) and studied for a Finance Quiz (which was unsettling hard). Wednesday night was Ugly Betty night, as usual... and we're going to luck out because this is Season One which ends right before we leave... so now I guess I'll either have to give it up, or quick catch up on Season Two in the States.

Thursday we had HR in the morning, and then a quick lunch break before a Finance Quiz. Our speaker (who has canceled on us numerous times before) once again canceled, so we had the afternoon free which was nice.

Friday we had Strategic Management, and then the rest of the day off.

Yesterday (Saturday- HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAY :-)) I also had class, boo, for three hours. But it was delayed by a few hours which was nice because it gave me time to complete my case study for the class.

Today (Sunday) I woke up relatively early (I haven't been sleeping well at all! I blame my rash which makes me up in the middle of the night itchy.. I used an ice pack to no avail last night to try to soothe it... showering has become more than painful almost bringing me to tears because it stings so badly, I threatened to not shower for the rest of the time here... but decided that was probably a bad choice) but laid in bed for a long time (I don't blame myself... I was held captive)... so long that I decided to take a nap, which only lasted a few minutes before I decided I should really start my day.

I've been to the gym everyday during the week, and it's nice because it is the one thing during the day that breaks up my routine of sitting and laying... I really am going to miss my gym, it's such a nice release! I'm going to try and keep it up when I return home, but we'll see how long that lasts. But it's nice because all the trainers know me, and are very upset that I'm leaving soon (I like my gym... but not enough to stay in India).

I have a relatively busy week with a presentation in IT Perspectives tomorrow, well.. a free day Tuesday (that will be filled with work), a management case study due Wednesday, a happy hour Wednesday night with a representative from Temple, a paper due in Finance on Thursday, and then Thursday night (after a double header of class) we have a 6 hour drive to Nasik to stay the night so we can visit Mahindra (automobile factory) and Sulla Winery on Friday. We drive back to Mumbai Friday night... after a wine tasting... on bad Indian roads. That's going to be a pleasant bus ride... I'll bring my iPod and sit in the front haha.

Well! I can say I'll be home this month!! I leave for the airport in 17 days... I can do it :-)

Very much looking forward to seeing everyone!!!!!!!

No comments: