Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The moment we've all been waiting for...

Lassssssssssssssssst day in India!

I head to the airport in just about 4 hours, and I am excited beyond words! I slept horribly last night, figures, and wound up getting less than 4 hours of sleep... this changed my morning plans and I decided to forego the the gym and instead get some final things packed up since I had an appointment to get henna at 10 am, and would be unable to do anything for hours afterwards as my hands were drying. The henna looks great, I hope it lasts until the Open House on Sunday!

So I am fully packed and ready to go, sitting around anxiously for the car I hired to come pick me up! My suitcases may be a bit heavy... so keep your fingers crossed they aren't over the weight limit, the result of too much shopping I fear.

I am making my rounds today to say goodbye to the local community. I think they were overjoyed to have four foreigners living in the neighborhood... for perhaps the first time. As much as I complain about India, and let's be honest, it's been pretty rough at times, at most times, but as much as I complain, there are some things I am going to miss, and some friendly people that I will miss seeing. I was afraid the big tough trainers at the gym were going to cry when I told them goodbye yesterday! We keep telling our local merchants goodbye because we are leaving... they say, oh, another trip? When do you get back? And we have to tell them... no, we're going for good this time.

We gave the nice day guard and our maid a nice tip and some chocolates today, and I have never seen two people more grateful. We probably didn't give much more than the equivalent of $3.00, but you would've thought we gave them all our riches.

Now I have just a few more hours sitting in this barren hostel room waiting to start my long journey home. I will fly into Zurich, have a 7-hour layover, and arrive back in the States tomorrow (Thursday) evening. It can't come soon enough!!

I can not wait to see everyone and swap stories and pictures of all the adventures in our lives.

Will write from Zurich when I finally reach non-Indian land!!!

No comments: