Sunday, September 9, 2007

India: It's the smell that gets ya

Well I haven't written in almost a week, and this is because I haven't been feeling well, and sadly have had not many new things to report on. The rest of Tuesday (Gokulashtami) I wound up going to Jain Bul Golf Club with Mitika and some of the guys (she is a member) to sit poolside and eat some normal food. That was very nice, although the chairs at the pool were hard plastic chairs and no loungers. But the food was good. It was still surprising to me that outside of this very exclusive club, there was a whole row of slums and half-naked children running around. Apparently this juxtapositioning is unique to Mumbai and has to do with the property right laws. Here, there are representatives in the legsialture from the slums, and those representatives outnumber the property owners, which is why the slums can't be relocated or revitalized. I still had an enjoyable time at the club, just because it was a little quieter than any places I have found as late.

The rest of the week was spent in class. We have finals for this portion of classes coming up in about a week and a half, so a lot of professors are now trying to cram in mid-terms. I have been doing well in all my classes, because the material is all review for me, so hopefully finals won't make me as crazy as they've made the rest of my colleagues. I did some mini-exploring around Matunga this week and bought the first round of Christmas gifts as well as a Tiffin box for me to take home. It was nice to get some souvenir shopping, but made me feel even more ready to pack my bags and head West (or East... either way I'll get home eventually).

The rest of my day today (Sunday) will be spent reviewing Finance so that I can complete Time Value of Money the archaic, outdated way.

Only 17 more days until Goa!

No comments: