Thursday, September 27, 2007

But not without its Indian.. umm... charms.

So I am still thoroughly enjoying myself at the Goa Marriott, but it's not without that flare of India I have grown so accustomed to (well not really, but at least I expect it). I headed down to the pool to start my first book of my vacation, and enjoying laying poolside listening to the crash of the waves on the beach. The pool is only 4 feet deep, so I just sort of walked/swam the perimeter and then returned to my lounge chair. I, however, did not stay very long for there was a group of 5 or so old, creepy, Indian men leering at me. These men were not only clearly too old to be hitting on a 21 year old, but they were wearing tight speedos and lycra swim shorts... can I hear a collective "ew"? They kept walking past me, getting closer and closer to my chair, or just sat at the swim-up bar in the pool openly staring. The staring I've almost become used to, although laying there in my swimsuit brought a new level of discomfort. I left when they started whistling at me. That's where I draw the line... gives me the willies!

Alas, I headed back to my room, still refreshed and relaxed from my Back Relief Massage earlier in the day. I continued to read and got ready to head to the dinner buffet. Dinner was delicious, even though it didn't last long (poor stomach doesn't know what to do with food) and I got my fill of veggies which was a relief. The desserts were also pretty divine, luckily they are served in bite sized portions and I was able to control myself and only take one, just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. I sat at dinner by myself armed with a book. I hate eating alone, not because I'm alone, but I feel as if I'm being judged. So, this was a personal conquest for me. I sat alone at my table with my book and tried to give off an air of mystery and intrigue. Hopefully it worked!

I headed back to my room after dinner, to find my electricity out for the second time that day (enter India). I immediately called the front desk, and they fixed it. 2 hours later, it happened again. While I was watching my weekly dose of "Ugly Betty." (I've gotten into some new TV shows here, since Star World shows only about a dozen American shows, so I now watch "Ugly Betty" and "The Office," of course I am a season behind, so it will take some DVD rentals to get me caught up when I return stateside). They came to fix it again, but I think I discovered what the problem was. Maybe I'm just hearing things, but I'm pretty sure there was a mouse up in the AC vent eating the wires, I heard scurrying and scratching, and that would explain the loose connection I think was the culprit for my power outtages. I finally went to sleep, after finishing my first book of vacation, Harlan Coben's "Deal Breaker," and woke up after noon this morning. I went to eat lunch (I had missed breakfast :-( Alas), once again, by myself. I like to think I can pull off the "globe trotting Businss woman enjoying a quiet stay at the Marriott while she brokers a million dollar deal in twon" look. I sat at lunch and caught up on news and the latest issue of Business Week. After lunch, I returned back to my room... no power. I called the front desk, and I have now been relocated to another room. It wound up not being too much of a hassle, and my new room has an even better view.

I plan on hitting the gym this afternoon, and getting into my second book of vacation, once I decide which one it will be. I will attempt the pool again this afternoon, hopefully those men have found someone else to leer at, or better yet, have left town. I think the girls are joining me at the hotel tonight for dinner, and Rachel and I may get spa treatments! So I'm going to curl back in my heavenly bed and work up the energy for an afternoon workout.

No comments: